Lewis Perin

Default tea addicts

"Agalena" > writes:

> "Eric" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > DOes anyone here consider themselves a tea addict??? I myself have
> > gone into the upper limits of up to 14-16 teas in one day but I don't
> > often do that. I usually stay in between 2-8 teas in one day usually
> > max. Thats nothing compared to the late Dr. Samuel Johnson who drank
> > upwards of 40 cups a day !!! (http://www.boh.com.my/pl/pubdoc/2080)
> >
> > What do find your consuming on a daily basis? Your max?

> Yup. That's me. I don't think I've done more than 5 or 6 cups in a day,
> and I don't do that often because I have to watch the caffeine. If that
> wasn't an issue, I'd drink a lot more.

I usually drink 7 or more cups a day but rarely feel the caffeine
because those cups are from multiple steeps with no more than 3 setups
of leaves. The last time I felt a buzz was in one sitting when I
greedily went alone to a new gongfu teahouse that opened on the fringes
of New York's Chinatown; they pack a Yixing pot very aggressively and
I drank 6 steeps.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /