Posted to alt.food.wine
responder[_2_] responder[_2_] is offline

Default Pretentious Tempranillo (Good QPR)

On 1/17/2011 2:13 PM, Joseph Coulter wrote:
> Found at local Costco. Anciana Gran Reserva 2000 (aged 10 years)
> Valdepeņas. Bottle has netting around it sort of like some Riojas. All
> in all promising more than any $7.99US wine could muster, but if we
> cut back to the cost we find a good sturdy every day wine that
> delivers above its price point. I find it similar to and smoother than
> most Rioja Crianza (all that aging counts for somthing) and
> approaching many more expensive Spanish reds.
>
> Joseph Coulter
> J&B Journeys
> www.josephcoulter.com
>
> 904 685 5317

I went to Costco and purchased a number of bottles of this wine.

Aside from the great price, I found the wine quite interesting. The
tannin is very smooth and I decanted one of the bottles and it opened up
very nicely. I will buy some more.
Thanks for your post..