Posted to alt.food.wine

Default "French vintners, for instance, have seen the taste and alcoholcontent change for some wines, and are worried they could see morecompetition as climate change makes areas of northern Europe friendlierto wine-growing."

On 01/09/2011 10:14 AM, Mike Tommasi wrote:
> It would help if so many vintners they stopped adding sugar in areas
> like the Loire... somehow many producers still think of their wines as
> fuel, the higher the octane the better...

Exactly right, "seen the taste and alcohol content change" implies that
these processes are entirely climate based. I think the winemakers have
something to do with the eventual gravity!

-E