Default What to eat after oral surgery?

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

Eat a hearty meal before the surgery. After I had dental surgery years ago, I found
the best thing was to place a tea bag on my tongue and hold it gently against the
sutures. Tea leaves have a healing property and they help the blood coagulate more
effectively. This idea was given to me by the doctor who did the surgery. Before you
undergo the surgery, you should certainly talk about your dietary needs with the
oral surgeon to see what he or she recommends.