Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default How any flours do you stock?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

> What special flours do the rest of you insist on using?

Being wheat intolerant but not gluten intolerant my list has a lot that
does not overlap.

Always white corn meal, yellow corn meal. Usually rice flour.
Sometimes rye flour or quinoa flour or soy flour. Rarely almond flour
or other nut flour. I've only purchased barley flour once.

Might or might not be considered flours - Corn starch, arrowroot.
Sometimes rice starch or potato starch.

There was a comedy movie (Tax Man?) with Will Ferrel. A tax auditor
falls in love with a baker. One day he brings in 20+ pounds of bags.
"I brought you flours". Each bag was marked with a different grain or
grind.