Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default HELP!!! BAD coffee from a drip machine

On 2010-12-21, Cheryl > wrote:

> Speaking of bad coffee makers, I've had a weird one lately. The filters
> keep caving in, and then the water mixes with the grounds and they all
> end up in my coffee pot. Doesn't happen all the time, but seems to
> happen when I'm in a hurry in the morning. I've tried several types of
> filters and there's no common factor.

My Melitta does that, too. The flat paper filters are too easily
pushed over while pouring hot water. It seems to occure when both the
filter paper and the cone holder are both dry. Lately, I've taken to
wetting the filter holder prior to inserting the filter paper so the
paper cone becomes wet and tends to adhere to the holder, better.

nb