Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Holiday Dinner-Bordeaux Burgundy

On 12/20/10 10:32 AM, Bi!! wrote:

> I have had the '82 Margaux but honestly..the '83 rocked my world! No
> doubt my wine of the year for 2010. The restaurant (The Refectory)is
> our favorite place in Columbus and has been for many, many years. The
> owner is a dear friend and he knows I like sweetbreads so he made sure
> they wre on the menu for me and the Lyon trained chef knows how to
> prepare them...yikes...bad for the purine content but oh so yummy.

You do drink well, Bill. I bought Jean a bottle of the '83 Margaux as a
present when she got her Ph. D. lo those many years ago (when the '83
was the current release) for the then princely sum of $35. We opened it
last year.... and it was corked! I'm glad that your bottle was
untainted.

Cheers!
Mark Lipton