Default Alcohol shrinks brain & no stroke benefits

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 02:14:16 -0500, "Sydney" >
wrote:

>Alcohol shrinks brain & no stroke benefits
>
>An interesting study found that low to moderate drinking may cause a loss of
>brain tissue in middle-age people. The researchers also found that such
>alcohol consumption does not lower the risk of a stroke, contradicting
>findings from previous studies:
>
>http://go.jitbot.com/wife-overhit
>
>So much for my daily glass of wine. :-(
>
>-- Sydney

" Ding said researchers cannot make a definitive cause-and-effect link
between drinking and brain atrophy because the MRIs were done only
once during the study and because they found only a small reduction in
tissue."

Clink!