Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan L Dan L is offline

Default Mass produced vs. Organic Free Range Eggs

Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:01:02 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> On Dec 3, 2:45 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:

>>> Result: The organic free range brown eggs had harder shells.
>>> Otherwise they tasted identical. I'll stick do the mass produced,
>>> white eggs that only cost $1.36/dz rather than $3.49.

>> Even the organic 'free range' eggs are mass produced.
>>
>> If you want really good tasting eggs, you need your own backyard
>> chickens. IMHO

> I don't think there's any more room left back there with all the
> cows, pigs, and donkeys.
>
> -sw

My free ranging chickens in my back yard are much better than store
bought. Not only do they have a thicker shell, the yolks have a rich
orange color, not yellow. My eggs have a richer taste, the yolks stand
up and do not beak easy when frying. The big difference between mine and
the so called free ranging chickens in stores is my chickens main diet
is not all grain, its bugs... They also have my leftovers, chickens love
lettuce, corn on the cob, tomatoes...