Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food
Retirednoguilt Retirednoguilt is offline

Default The Stench of Subway

On 12/1/2010 9:49 AM, Golden California Girls wrote:
> On 11/30/10 8:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Does anybody else cringe when they walk or drive by a Subway
>> sandwich shop?
>>
>> The bread does NOT smell appetizing at all. It doesn't even smell
>> like real bread. And I don't know what else they got going on in
>> there during various hot sandwich promotions but it doesn't mix
>> well with whatever else they got going on in there.
>>
>> I haven't eaten at Subway since Channingway Court in Columbus, Ohio
>> in 1997 and the stench coming from these places guarantees I won't
>> be eating there anytime again soon.

> Of course it stinks outside. Required pollution control equipment on the
> ovens to reduce greenhouse gasses.

You've got me curious. According to what you say, the pollution control
equipment must be converting the flue exhaust to other chemicals (that
smell foul to some people) rather than absorbing the pollutants in the
flue exhaust (in which case there would be no odor). So, what chemicals
are coming out of the pollution control equipment that smell foul but
are not polluting?