Posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default New Olive Oil Boutique in Santa Cruz

In article >,
"Giusi" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > spamtrap1888 wrote:
> >
> >> Wandered over the hill in part to have lunch at "The Greek," and found>>
> >> "True Olive Connection," on Lincoln Ave in downtown Santa Cruz, a>> joint
> >> like the one on Campbell Ave. in Campbell, which came up in a>>
> >> discussion on r.f.c. By "like" I mean "also has many types of olive>> oil
> >> in special dispensing urns."

> > Must be the latest foo-foo food trend. I know of at least three within >
> > 25 minutes of me.

> I don't know that I would characterize it that way. Americans in general
> tend to be ignorant about olive oil, as demonstrated here lately. What
> better way to allow them to get to know the product? It's good for you, so
> getting familiar with it, understanding how to use it and why one rather
> than the other can't be bad?

I can't disagree with most of what you're saying ‹ it's just that all of
a sudden they're popping up "all over the place." What I would be
really curious about is if they attract new customers and hold them or
if the prices will keep folks away. (The last shop I went to is where I
bought what is apparently *real* balsamic vinegar - 18 years old, I
think. Quite different from supermarket balsamic. The oil shops seem
to also stock the foo-foo vinegars.)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella