Posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking
Veronique[_2_] Veronique[_2_] is offline

Default New Olive Oil Boutique in Santa Cruz

On Nov 29, 6:28*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> >> Wandered over the hill in part to have lunch at "The Greek," and found
> >> "True Olive Connection," on Lincoln Ave in downtown Santa Cruz, a
> >> joint like the one on Campbell Ave. in Campbell, which came up in a
> >> discussion on r.f.c. By "like" I mean "also has many types of olive
> >> oil in special dispensing urns."

> >Must be the latest foo-foo food trend. *I know of at least three within
> >25 minutes of me.

> I know of a couple such places. *I am not sure of it as a business plan
> either. *
>
> That being said successfully buying top-quality olive oil can be a
> challenge. *If these businesses convince enough people that they have
> the solution to this problem, then they may do okay.

I stopped in the other day. There are a lot of flavored olive oils, as
well as vinegars. I wish them all the luck in the world, although I've
had good luck getting locally-produced olive oil at the Santa Cruz and
Aptos farmers' markets.

V.
--
Veronique Chez Sheep