Scott T. Jensen

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

"Steve Jackson" > wrote:
> "Scott T. Jensen" > wrote:
> > Or do the opposite. Have the beers bought by a trusted
> > parties around the country and chill-shipped to the judges
> > so all the beers arrive within a day or two of each other
> > at the judging location.

> Or even better: Realize that beer judging, no matter how
> controlled the process and how skilled the practitioners, is
> a highly subjective process and merely states how well
> certain beers adhere to certain guidelines, and that it's
> kinda daft to base one's drinking decisions on the results of
> contests.
>
> In other words, I think your proposal is much ado over
> nothing.

You don't care about beer contests. That's fine. It doesn't mean this
discussion is worthless though. There are many people who do care or at
least would like to know who places well in such contests. I'd just like to
know of a contest(s) that uses secretly store-bought beers as the beers that
will be judged.

Scott Jensen
--
Peer-to-peer networking (a.k.a. file-sharing) is entertainment's future.
If you'd like to know why, read the white paper at the link below.