Roy

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

On 10/11/03 5:08 PM, in article ,
"nicholas peter dempsey" > wrote:

> In article >,
> Scott T. Jensen > wrote:
>> After watching a Food Network special on The Great American Beer Festival,
>> I'm wondering if there's a beer contest where the judges secretly buy beer
>> out of stores (the brewer not knowing which store) and then use these to
>> compare against each other. This seems more honest judging process to
>> determine which is the best beers that us consumers can purchase than the
>> specially brewed, bottled, packaged, and delivered beer submitted to The
>> Great American Beer Festival. Anyone know of any beer contest(s) so
>> structured?
>>

> Consumer Reports did something like this, but I remember Pabst topping
> their list.
>
> --NPD

I lost faith in Consumer Reports magazine back in the late 1970s...they had
a report on the Saab 99 automobile and they ranked the gas tank safety of
that car as just average...the Saab 99 in the 1970s though had one of the
safest gas tanks in the industry, so in other words the magazine was full of
it so to speak. Figures the would rank Blue Ribbon so well.

Somehow Consumer Reports magazine makes me think of Corn Dogs...I hate Corn
Dogs.