Scott T. Jensen

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

"nicholas peter dempsey" wrote:
> Scott T. Jensen > wrote:
> >After watching a Food Network special on The Great American
> >Beer Festival, I'm wondering if there's a beer contest where the
> >judges secretly buy beer out of stores (the brewer not knowing
> >which store) and then use these to compare against each other.
> >This seems more honest judging process to determine which is
> >the best beers that us consumers can purchase than the specially
> >brewed, bottled, packaged, and delivered beer submitted to The
> >Great American Beer Festival. Anyone know of any beer
> >contest(s) so structured?
> >

> Consumer Reports did something like this, but I remember Pabst
> topping their list.

I could see Consumer Reports doing such a contest, but I'm hoping there's
one that's done like this every year. If Consumer Reports does it every
year, that's fine. Do they?

Scott Jensen
--
Got a business question, problem, or dream?
Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...