Scott T. Jensen

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

"Oh, Guess" wrote:
> "Scott T. Jensen" wrote:
> >[...] This seems more honest judging process to
> >determine which is the best beers that us consumers can
> >purchase than the specially brewed, bottled, packaged,
> >and delivered beer submitted to The Great American
> >Beer Festival.

> Eh? The beer submitted to GABF for judging is
> wha-wha-what? The beer for judging is normally from
> plain bottles, and is poured out of sight of the judges by
> stewards. The judges normally see nothing but the beer...

What you've said so far is true and was shown on the special, but that
doesn't really mean anything as far as whether the beer was store-bought or
specially made for the judging ... as they showed on the special.

> ...- no special brewing, bottling, packaging, or other
> such folderol. As for delivery, well yeah, the brewers might make
> sure the beer is a freshly delivered as possible. Specially brewed?
> I know for a fact that the clear majority of brewers bring exactly
> the same beers that they make to be bought by the general public.
>
> Nice little conspiracy theory, but that dog don't hunt.

This isn't some conspiracy theory. What I state was SAID by microbrewers on
the show, SHOWN on the show, and even one of the JUDGES that entered in his
own beer (Dark Chocolate Stout ... if I remember correctly) was shown
specially hand-bottling his own beer and stating why he's doing it.

Scott Jensen
--
Peer-to-peer networking (a.k.a. file-sharing) is entertainment's future.
If you'd like to know why, read the white paper at the link below.