Old 29-11-2010, 08:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default What happened to marble cake mixes?

On Nov 29, 10:21*am, zxcvbob wrote:
Nancy2 wrote:
On Nov 28, 9:41 am, wrote:
In the last couple years it seems all brands except Duncan Hines (which
I don't like as much) stopped selling them at the exact same time. *Why?
Even all the name tags on the shelves were gone to signal they weren't
coming back. It was my favorite box cake mix, and Betty Crocker,
Pillsbury, and even the store brands like Shoprite just disappeared.
Trying to make my own wasn't nearly as good. Is the mix anywhere and
what happened?

John

Get a chocolate mix and a white mix, mix each according to the
directions, and then make two cakes, putting half of each in a baking
pan and swirling it. *Eat one, freeze one.

N.

(Marble cake from scratch is really, really easy.)

Does Jiffy make chocolate cake mix? *Each box only makes one layer, so
one chocolate and one white or yellow swirled together would make one
marble cake.

(Or how about swirling a white cake with some chocolate syrup?)

Bob- Hide quoted text -

Or just make the white cake mix and take half of it and add some cocoa
to it.