Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Chicken rice casserole recipe?

On Nov 28, 8:07*am, KenK > wrote:
> Someone here mentioned chicken rice casserole a few days ago. My ancient
> _Joy of Cooking_ doesn't list a recipe. Sounds good. Anyone have a favorite
> recipe? I prefer getting one here rather than blindly Googling; I've too
> often been disappointed that way.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> "When you choose the lesser of two evils, always
> remember that it is still an evil." - Max Lerner

No recipe required - dice up your chicken (or shred it); cook some
rice; get some broccoli and cook that to just barely tender; get some
shredded cheddar cheese.

Make some "white sauce" - standard bechamel - I used chicken stock
with about 1/4 milk and 3/4 stock and cornstarch as the
thickener....mixed in some "Better than Boullion" chicken base to
punch up the flavor. I put in diced celery, onion and green pepper
that had been sweated in a little bit of butter. Salt and pepper to
taste.

Mix all together and put in a buttered casserole dish - cover the top
with buttered fresh bread crumbs - bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

N.