Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] ridgerfg@novoicenetno.com is offline

Default Best Ways to Serve a Turkey "Baked" or "Fried"

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:33:34 -0800 (PST), siplasvegas1
> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone have their version of the best way to prepare a holiday
>turkey, whether it be traditionally baked or the new favorite "dep
>fried". There is also the question of if you choose to deep fry is,
>should peanut oil be the only choice of frying oil to use? Other than
>basic seasoning of the bird, should you stuff it if you are frying
>it. Sounds dangerous with all of the hot oil that will be used, and
>we all know what happens when moisture is used in connection with
>extremely hot frying oil. Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
>
>Keith

I prefer to put mine on a spit over an open wood fire. No stuffing but
I do fill the cavity with flavorings depending on my mood, ie: apples,
onion, herbs, etc.
I've done the deep fried thing and to be honest I wasn't impressed
after all the raving I had heard about it. Probably will never do it
again.

Shinglhed
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.