Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Chicken rice casserole recipe?

On Nov 28, 3:39*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

> Recipe By: *Posted again to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller (with a
> paper bag over her head so people won't see it's her using canned
> condensed soups), Sunday, November 28, 2010.

Ha.....Barb!!! You beat me to it.

Here's my old 'made up' recipe from the 60's as well.

One box of chicken Rice a Roni
fresh chicken parts - which ever ones you like
1 celery stalk - chopped
1 medium onion - chopped small
1 can of either cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup.

Brown the chicken parts in a bit of oil and butter and set aside in
casserole dish
Saute the vegetables till translucent and put them over the chicken in
the casserole dish.
Brown the Rice a Roni till the vermicelli is browned.
Add the seasoning packet out of the Rice a Roni, the can of soup and a
can of water to the rice and blend well.
Pour the rice mixture over the chicken and bake in the oven at 350,
covered, for about 20 minutes...uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes
till chicken is completely done and rice has absorbed all the liquid.

this is actually pretty damn tasty...and easy too.