Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry[_3_] Terry[_3_] is offline

Default What happened to marble cake mixes?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 10:41:36 -0500, wrote:

>In the last couple years it seems all brands except Duncan Hines (which
>I don't like as much) stopped selling them at the exact same time. Why?
>Even all the name tags on the shelves were gone to signal they weren't
>coming back. It was my favorite box cake mix, and Betty Crocker,
>Pillsbury, and even the store brands like Shoprite just disappeared.
>Trying to make my own wasn't nearly as good. Is the mix anywhere and
>what happened?
>
>John

John, I don't know what brand (Pillsbury, Duncan Hines?) we have, but
I know we've got a marble cake mix on our shelf which was bought not
too long ago. I pulled it out while debating whether to use it for
the pumpkin pie cake I made last week (discarding the chocolate part),
but decided to buy a yellow cake mix after all. So they're not all
gone.
--
Best -- Terry