Old 28-11-2010, 06:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry[_3_] Terry[_3_] is offline

Default What happened to marble cake mixes?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 10:41:36 -0500, wrote:

In the last couple years it seems all brands except Duncan Hines (which
I don't like as much) stopped selling them at the exact same time. Why?
Even all the name tags on the shelves were gone to signal they weren't
coming back. It was my favorite box cake mix, and Betty Crocker,
Pillsbury, and even the store brands like Shoprite just disappeared.
Trying to make my own wasn't nearly as good. Is the mix anywhere and
what happened?

John

John, I don't know what brand (Pillsbury, Duncan Hines?) we have, but
I know we've got a marble cake mix on our shelf which was bought not
too long ago. I pulled it out while debating whether to use it for
the pumpkin pie cake I made last week (discarding the chocolate part),
but decided to buy a yellow cake mix after all. So they're not all
gone.
--
Best -- Terry