Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Arthritis and diabetes

"Storrmmee" > wrote:
> two things spring to mind, broccoli has naturally occuring aspirine, sp
> and you might track your food in a food journal for a month to see if
> there are foods that make it worse, if i eat egg plant i am miserabley
> stiff for days, if i don't get a migraine to go with the stiffness i
> consider myself lucky... the research says there is no hard evidence to
> support this but food i eat directly affects how my joints feel, so along
> with eating what is good, look at what might inflame your particular
> joints,

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > Besides being dx'd with T2 almost 20 years ago, I've been developing
> > painful arthritis in my shoulders, hips and knees. My wife asked me
> > what she can feed me to alleviate the pain.
> > []

Thanks, Lee. Jun manages to cook broccoli in ways that I can tolerate the
taste of. As to tracking my food, that's not very likely. Eggplant is one
of my favorites. I haven't noticed a relationship between eating it and my
arthritis pain. Even if I did, I would still eat eggplant. They say to
avoid red meat, which I need to maintain my red blood count and satisfy my
primitive blood lust! They also say to avoid dairy, but I love cheeses,
sour cream and yogurt.

At least I've minimized the things that raise my blood glucose! ;-)

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/