Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lil Abner Lil Abner is offline

Default English the funniest language

On 11/14/2010 10:15 PM, learnspeakingenglish wrote:
> We will begin with BOX and the plural is BOXES.
>
> But the plural OX should be OXEN and not OXES.
>
> Visit for more
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/easyeng...niest-language

How about French where Potatoes are apples of or from the earth.
English evolved from Germanic languages.
It is fascinating to read about some of the evolution. It is near
impossible with anyone with a Doctorate in languages to read old English.
How about Russian etc with the extra characters in the alphabet.
We studied that in elementary school but don't remember a thing about it.
We can't even pronounce the sounds.
how about Korean etc. Zeesh. I have relatives that to listen to them
speak of sing some of the dialects is nerve wrecking because I can't
understand or get into the rhythm of it.
Swedish, or how about the dialects of the Pygmies? Can you begin to
understand how to speak with clicks and other sounds we might not be
able to make now.