Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default What's smoking?

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> Il 12/11/2010 22:04, Kent ha scritto:
>
>> The specific gravity of your feces, once it gets into your large bowel.
>> is
>> very near 1.0. If your turds float, the specific gravity is probably
>> .85-.9. If the turds sink to the bottom of the toilet bowl, it is
>> probably
>> at least 1.1 or more. The specific gravity, or density of your turds has
>> lot to do with your disposition. If you're behaving in a foul fashion,
>> as
>> it seems you may be, you might consider an ion exchange laxative which
>> draws
>> water into overly dense turds, reducing the turd specific gravity. An
>> example of that would be Miralax, or polyethylene glycol 3350.

> How fast are these drugs working? I very seldom have turds dense enough to
> be painful, but when it happens I'd really appreciate the possibility to
> go get one of those drugs, wait for its effects to work out and then get
> back on the throne.
> --
> Vilco
> And the Family Stone
> So che faccio il tuo gioco rispondendo a questo post

I just went to a meeting for patients with constipation. My understanding is
that the osmotic drugs work by drawing water from the large bowel wall,
which then softens the poop. They take about 24 hours to work, as that's the
transit time through the bowel for digesting food. They are usually used
ongoing by people where the tight hard turds are an ongoing problem. If you
decide to try this, Miralax is the product. The generic form, polyethylene
glycol 3350, at Costco is slightly less than half the price and is the same
compound. I don't know if Walmart carries a similar product.

Kent
, a certified tightwad