NanaJenn NanaJenn is offline
Member

Location: In a small rural town with my sweetheart.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria A. View Post
This is my first year preparing Thanksgiving dinner for my family. I wanted to go all out so I bought a Heritage Turkey. I bought it from Welcome to Sif Foods Inc - because they said their Heritage Turkey is also Organic and I'm hoping that makes it taste even better. I was just wondering if there is a certain way to prepare these kind of turkeys. We usually brine ours before cooking but I heard these kinds of turkeys do not require brining. Any tips?
My understanding is Heritage Turkeys don't needing brining. Just use your favorite way of preparing your big bird as usual. I have a great rub that I like to use for my Thanksgiving turkey. If you are interested go to Herbed Turkey with Roasted Garlic Gravy

Good Luck on your big day!
NanaJenn

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

http://www.holiday-recipes-collection.com/