Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: T'giving comes early- CA, Champagne, Napa, Loire, Beaujolais

Bi!! wrote:

> Thanks for the notes. I've been mulling my options and I'm trying for
> an all American line-up but I wanted to serve a Gewurtz and haven't
> found a domestic one that I'm partial to. The closest I've found so
> far is the 2006 Kelham. Any suggestions welcomed.

Coincidentally, tonight Jean opened a bottle of the '08 Navarro Dry
Gewurztraminer that we got along with that Indian River PN I posted on.
It's very pleasant, dry with decent fruit and only a touch dilute.
Very light and with no bitterness that I often find in dry renditions of
Gewurz. It comes from the Anderson Valley in Mendocino, where Lazy
Creek also does a nice version.

Mark Lipton