Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner!

Dang but it smells good! And I forgot to take my Carafate so I have to wait
an hour now to eat.

I found some prepared scalloped potatoes that don't contain wheat at Top
Foods. I made them in the microwave. I always liked those but never had
any luck at making them from scratch. I never really got a sauce. Just a
milky part and a clumpy cheese part. My mom never made them at home so I
don't really know how to do them. I did on occasion used those boxed
products before we knew of our allergies, but they were not so good. Angela
did like them so I made them when I found the product on sale.

With this we have bacon and green beans. Angela said the potatoes are
really good!

My BG has been all over the place since I started on the 75/25 insulin. My
worst readings (almost 500) have come about when eating the least amount of
carbs. Go figure. And breakfast? Forget about it! No matter what I eat,
my BG goes up 100 or more points. I did see a nice 103 before bed last
night. Alas, it was over 200 when I woke up this morning. So no clue if
this meal will actually work for me or not. But at this point I pretty much
just do not care. Seems the harder I try with the diet, the worse it gets.
So I will just stick to the bolus ratio they gave me and hope that it works.
Once in a while it does.