Ewan McNay

Default Santa Fe Experiences

Ed Rasimus wrote:
> Wine was a poor match for the heat of the shrimp, but an excellent
> bottle regardless. Shafer "Relentless" '01. A syrah with about 5%
> petite syrah blend. Looked almost like the blueberry syrup container
> at IHOP in the glass. Viscous, bluish purple clinging to the glass.
> Beautiful nose of blueberries and butterscotch. Great explosion of
> blueberries on the palate. Long, flavorful, finish. By the end of the
> meal, without a mouthful of food, the tannins showed a lot of pucker
> and indicated a long future for this. Will search this one out for
> future extravagances.

Ed -

- far be it from me to really doubt here, but are you sure that it
was '01? I have been waiting for release of this, which I thought was
scheduled for the coming September. [The '00 was delectable but above
my price range for other than extravagance; I figure I deserve the odd
such extravagance though!]

Ewan