Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Recipe - Seems the season for apple cakes

In article >,
"Jen P." > wrote:

> <snip>
> > Whatchoosayin'? Is 9" (inches), not 9 squared. How'd you get 9
> > squared out of that, nb?
> > http://web.me.com/barbschaller - it's all there.
> >

> I see it as 9 squared, too. I wonder if you pasted it with curly quotes
> instead of straight ones? Sometimes makes a difference for those of us
> not using PCs. I often have trouble with the Windows fraction
> characters on my Macs, but I do have a cheatsheet made up for those now.
>
> Loved the look of that apple cake, by the way - I've been looking for a
> good, tried and tested, recipe for a couple of years now. Thanks very
> much for sharing it!
>
> Jen

:-) I copied/pasted it from MacGourmet, a Mac-only recipe
management program. I don't know what kind of quotes the
software uses.
I don't like the way it displays fractions, either (in the program).
I still don't like it as much as I liked MasterCook for Mac.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella