Old 27-10-2010, 04:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Recipe - Seems the season for apple cakes

In article ,

On 2010-10-22, Melba's wrote:

is very stiff. Press into greased and floured 9² round baking pan.

snip
Whatchoosayin'? Is 9" (inches), not 9 squared. How'd you get 9
squared out of that, nb?
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - it's all there.

I see it as 9 squared, too. I wonder if you pasted it with curly quotes
instead of straight ones? Sometimes makes a difference for those of us
not using PCs. I often have trouble with the Windows fraction
characters on my Macs, but I do have a cheatsheet made up for those now.

Loved the look of that apple cake, by the way - I've been looking for a
good, tried and tested, recipe for a couple of years now. Thanks very
much for sharing it!

Jen

:-) I copied/pasted it from MacGourmet, a Mac-only recipe
management program. I don't know what kind of quotes the
software uses.
I don't like the way it displays fractions, either (in the program).
I still don't like it as much as I liked MasterCook for Mac.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella