Gregory H.A. Welch

Default powdered sugar

Conny wrote:

> Thanks for the info, but the truffles were a disaster, and my source in the
> Netherland said that was due to the cornstarch in the Powdered sugar. The Recipe is
> from him, a friend in the Netherlands.
>
> Most likley I have to find another recipe, or grind the sugar real fine. It's a
> Whipped cream trufffle and delicious.
> Etnic stores are not found here in the mountains. You have to make a lot from
> scratch, which is fine with me.
> Trying again.
> Thanks
> Conny

If used just to coat the outside of the truffles, the problem probably
wasn't the powdered sugar. I use powdered sugar to coat one of three
types of truffles each year at Christmas and haven't had a problem
unless the truffles were too loose (like my first attempt at Chocolate
Raspberry where I didn't change anything except adding Raspberry
Puree). I have had some success with using regular granulated sugar to
coat truffles--hardens into a nice shell even on moist truffles. what's
your recipe? Maybe there is something with it.

PAX!
Greg