Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ravenlynne Ravenlynne is offline

Default 50 Sandwiches to Eat before you Die

On 10/25/2010 5:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
>>> revolting.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've had
>> 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that the
>> photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in new
>> orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every single
>> friday in my childhood.

> When I was a kid we used to eat frozen poboys. I doubt they even make them
> any more. I didn't really like them. Seemed like a sub roll with bologna
> and cheese on it. We had these with Sara Lee turnovers, also frozen. My
> friend and I would take turns spending the night at each other's house over
> the weekend. We often had this meal at her house because it was something
> we could fix for ourselves. Her parents would go out for the night and
> leave us there by ourselves.

A new orleans shrimp poboy, with fresh french bread (haven't gotten
anything like it anywhere else) or oysters, or catfish, or roast beef
and gravy served "dressed" (lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo, hot sauce
and ketchup on the seafood) served with an ice cold beer is my favorite
meal in the world. Heck, even the chip butty (french fries with roast
beef gravy) po boy is great.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due