Posted to rec.food.historic
Sqwertz[_25_] Sqwertz[_25_] is offline

Default Encyclopedia of Food and Culture (Was: Victorian Era Chocolate)

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:29:38 +0000, Allegrobox wrote:

> What was it like? I mean for eating, not for drinking. Particularly in
> 1895 if possible. Did it come in bars? If so, were there squares on the
> bars? If not, and they came in a box, did they have fillings, or was it
> more about the shapes?

While it may not have much info regarding what you seek, the
"Encyclopedia of Food and Culture" is a great resource unmatched by
any on line resource.

http://www.enotes.com/food-encyclopedia/chocolate

It is an in-print book, which costs about $900 last I looked. It
has only recently been made available on-line for free (used to be
by subscription only).

This would be of interest to anyone here in rec.food.historic, and
some people in rec.food.cooking as well.

http://www.enotes.com/food-encyclopedia

It is also downloadable VIA torrents.

-sw