Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tom Biasi[_2_] Tom Biasi[_2_] is offline

Default Brinkman Vertical Smoker

"squirtz" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:28:05 -0400, Tom Biasi wrote:

> I have two. One for meats and one for peppers etc.
> Its easy to get them too hot if you are not careful. I throw on wood
> chunks
> that I soaked in water overnight. Sometimes the chunks dry out and burst
> into flames.

Wrap them tightly in heavy duty foil and poke a small hole (1/4cm)
in the foil. That's the common way to use wood chunks in these
smokers.

-sw

Yes, I do that sometimes. I don't often mind if they burn a little but just
wanted to explain how it can get too hot if you are not watching.