Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Taiwan reroasting

On Oct 22, 8:51 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Space Cowboy > writes:
> >My wifes brotherinlaw who moved to Taiwan several years ago bought
> >some reroasted TGY and DongDing on a recent visit.

> I'm not sure what you mean here. Is it aged tea or just tea that's been
> roasted more than is customary these days in Taiwan?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

The tea is roasted again after a period of time usually after several
months. This cycle repeats itself for some given number. So the
frequency and the duration between roasts are determining factors. I
know the TGY was roasted twice over a year. The dry and infused leaf
was black with rich red color. I think it is an attempt to 'age'
their teas. I mentioned in an early post I tasted a PouChong from
1968. The leaf is dry and infused black with deep red color
infusion. It has a completely different taste profile.

Jim

Jim