Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Recipe - Seems the season for apple cakes

And here's mine -- I've made it for more than 40 years.

Raw Apple Cake
Recipe By: posted to r.f.cooking by Barb Schaller, 10-22-2010

Serving Size: 6-8

2 cups diced unpeeled apple
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Mix together apple, egg, oil, sugar and vanilla. Sift remaining dry
ingredients together and add, along with nuts. Just mix it up. Batter
is very stiff. Press into greased and floured 9² round baking pan.
Bake 35-45 minutes at 350°.

While still warm, glaze with a mixture of butter, powdered sugar, and
milk.

(I like Boron's recipe with the orange zest - I may add that to my mix
when I bake it today.)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella