Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Any Krispy kreme donut addicts here....?

"l, not -l" > wrote in message

> On 19-Oct-2010, "Dora" > wrote:
>
>> KK's are the most overrated doughnut of all time. Too sweet, too
>> much fat. The stores didn't last long here. Dunkin' Donuts is more
>> popular in this area.

> A few years back, during the height of the Krispy Kreme kraze, Winchells
> and
> Dunkin' Donuts both exited the St. Louis market. Since then, the number
> of
> KKs has dwindled and, very recently, Dunkin' has returned. We are very
> fortunate to have quite a few non-chain donut shops throughout the
> metropolitan area and all the ones I have tried make better donuts than
> the
> chains. I haven't had a really good chain-store donut since the original
> Dixie Cream shops folded many years ago.

We have a place here called Frosting. Or maybe it's Frostings. I think it
is a chain. I didn't think they would do well at all because they are in an
area where health food is big. But oddly enough they always seem very busy.
I haven't been in so am not sure what all they have in there.