Old 27-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Peter Muto

Default 1989 Bordeaux

(Cwdjrx _) wrote in message ...
Have you tasted the 89 Haut Brion recently? This is the only 89 1'st
growth that I bought. Early on, many thought it was one of the best Haut
Brions of recent years.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.

I had the 1989 Haut-Brion last year, and in a night of other fabulous
Bordeaux's (including a number of other 89's) it standing out.
It's nowhere near ready though.
Depending on your tastes I probably wouldn't even try opening a bottle
for another 5 years and possibly even wait 10 years.
(I'm of the school 'if you think the wine might be ready to drink, you
should open it'. I'd rather 'accidentally' drink a wine too young than
too old.