Old 26-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Mark Lipton

Default 1989 Bordeaux

Bill Spohn wrote:

Angelus - a wonderful soy, black olive and cedar nose, biggest and richest wine
of the flight, and also the longest finish. It lingers on palate with a hint of
dry cocoa at the very end. For me, I think this was the wine of the night, and
I think it would have been voted as such by more of the assembled multitude had
they not been swayed by Left Bank prejudice!

O, Joy! Thanks for the update, Bill. It makes me glad to have some in
the cellar. Any point in waiting more for it?

What a great lineup of wines, Bill. FWIW, has Gavroche reopened? I
haven't seen you post any notes from there in quite a long while.

Mark Lipton