Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee
Peter Lawrence Peter Lawrence is offline

Default Starbucks tells baristas to slow down

On 10/13/10 7:56 PM, Miles Bader wrote:

> It'll cause some shakeup amongst the "wait in a long line for my morning
> XXX" crowd, that's for sure, but maybe that's considered an acceptable
> price...

I never understood the logic of standing in line at Starbucks and such for
one's morning cup of joe (or espresso, etc.), especially if one is in a
hurry. I've found it to be a lot faster to brew a cup at home. Even making
an espresso drink at home isn't that complicated or slow, be it with a
dedicated espresso machine or a moka pot.

OTOH, as an afternoon pick-me-up, or while traveling, going to a Starbucks
or any quality cafe is definitely a convenient option.

- Peter