Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Any ideas for using Poblano peppers

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:08:39 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>I just picked about a dozen and there are still more on the plant.
>Right now I am at a loss for ideas to use them for.

This is one of my favorite ways to serve poblanos.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Chile Poblano Rajas

mexican, vegetables

4 medium, fresh chiles poblanos
roasted and peeled
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion; sliced
1 cup fresh corn kernels; or canned drained
2 cloves garlic; peeled, minced
2/3 cup crema, or sour cream
1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs, thyme, oregano; and cumin
1/2 teaspoon Salt; or to taste

Roast chiles in 400* oven Remove chiles to a bag to steam or keep
under a tea towel until cool.
Stem, peel and seed the roasted chiles. If you want a milder chile
remove the veins.
Slice chiles lengthwise into long strips.

Heat the oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium heat and fry the onions
until they brown, add the minced garlic the last few minutes before
the onions are done.
Stir in the chile strips, corn and cook 2 minutes.

Add the creama, herbs, and simmer to heat crema or sour cream.

Notes: koko

koko

James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com