Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Any ideas for using Poblano peppers

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:20:00 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

> "The Cook" > wrote in message
> >I just picked about a dozen and there are still more on the plant.
> > Right now I am at a loss for ideas to use them for.
> > --
> > Susan N.
> >

> Chilerelleno's.
>
> http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/tech...ilerelleno.htm
>
> Use the recipe as a base for modification.

I don't like to fry, so this stuffed pepper recipe caught my eye. I
imagine it could be done indoors on a grill or even in a cast iron
pan. I also don't see why you should be confined to the cheeses
mentioned.

4-Cheese Stuffed Poblano Peppers
http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/index.html

Poblano peppers are great for stuffing, as you can fit quite a lot of
cheese inside, so consider the size of your poblano before
preparation. We chose medium sized poblanos and were able to fit
about 8 ounces of cheese inside, which will certainly fill you up.

Ingredients

2 medium sized Poblano peppers, stemmed and cored
2 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
2 ounces Parmesan cheese

Cooking Directions

1. In a mixing bowl combine all of your cheeses and mix well.
2. Stuff the poblano pepper with your cheese mixture.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat.
4. Wrap poblanos in tinfoil and grill 6-8 minutes.

Serve.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.