Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Empty Champagne or wine bottle as oil bottle and vented pourer

On Oct 10, 11:11*am, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=12385870
> (great price)
>
> I got a similar vented pourer two years ago that I use with Champagne
> bottle to keep my olive oil by the stovetop area.
>
> Now, I want to put other oil the same way not necessarily with
> Champagne bottle. it can be wine bottle as long as the shape is nice
> and it can hold ample volume.
>
> I now have two wine bottles I got from someone. * One is black color
> and one is green. Green one is a little less opaque. I don't really
> like the shape of these two much. So, I am thinking how to go about
> getting those. I had called a restaurant in the neighborhood. *he told
> me to call back on Monday at 3PM.
>
> Wondering anyone does the same?
>
> More pourer *http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-395-Bot.../dp/B000HMC0EU
>
> I just called a restaurant at a hotel not too far and he was like
> "call back at 5PM today, we go through the bottles a lot." Yay.

I keep olive oil and canola in those cruets meant for vinegar. You
can control the amount dispensed with each shake.
I also keep some olive oil in a pourspout can meant for EVO.
Then again, I have a large bottle of it so I can get a quarter of a
cup in a hurry.