Old 10-10-2010, 02:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline[_8_] Pennyaline[_8_] is offline

Default TV's "Country Kitchen" on PBS - barbecued beef ribs

On 10/9/2010 14:03, Kent wrote:
wrote in message
On today's PBS program "Cook's Country" they grilled beef ribs in an
unusual fashion. I've always felt the steam flavor comes most from the
early smoking. Steaming initially?

My error: I've always felt that the smoke flavor mostly comes from early
cooking. There ain't no "steam flavor". Most don't steam, though I suppose
one could say a bullet smoker
with simmering water is doing the same thing at a low temp.

I don't see the point of steaming the ribs for two hours before smoking
them. If you're going to go to the trouble of smoking them for one and a
half to two hours anyway, just barbecue them in a smoker from the get go.

I like a lot of ATK's advice, but the rest of it seems off the wall
sometimes.