Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Roasted Cauliflower

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 01:27:43 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>> I do still prefer whole roasted cauliflower as opposed to the florets,
>> but
>> hey, whatever the OP wants to cook it is okay with me.

> I've never considered roasting it whole. How long, ballpark it, does
> that take you?
>
> --

I'll have to dig up the recipe - I think it came from an old Betty Crocker
cookbook. When I moved here I had limited cookbooks at my disposal but
thanks to Margaret Suran for sending me sort of a pocket version of Betty
Crocker

This isn't exact by any means, but then again nothing I cook is ever exact.
IIRC after cutting the green stems off the cauliflower I steamed it for
about 15 minutes. Let it cool, then I combined melted butter with
breadcrumbs and various herbs (basil, thyme, sage, parsley) and some grated
parmesan cheese. Pat the crumb mixture on top of the head of cauliflower.
Place it in a pie plate and roast it for about an hour at 350F. You'll know
when it's done - it's fork tender It's delicious!

Jill