Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charlotte L. Blackmer[_2_] Charlotte L. Blackmer[_2_] is offline

Default Roasted Cauliflower

In article >, Cheri > wrote:
"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 08:19:12 -0400, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>>
>>Sliced as you describe the cauliflower will fall apart, and
>>cauliflower does not caramelize, over cooked it will burn.
>>

> Guess you have never tried it this way.
>>

> Cauliflower most certainly will caramelize...as I and many, many
> others will attest to... It doesn't become overcooked and burned,
> unless you let it go that far, but before that it certainly does
> caramelize. And yes, it will fall apart if you put it into very tiny
> florets. If it is sliced or in larger florets, it stays in those
> pieces.

Yep.

I like cutting largeish florets in pieces and I make sure the cut side is
down on the sheet for EXTRA delicious brown edges.

I don't add sugar. I drizzle a little bit of olive oil, sea salt, and the
juice of one lemon before it goes into the oven.

It will carbonize if you leave it in the oven too long.

Charlotte