Old 05-10-2010, 06:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Roasted Cauliflower

"Christine Dabney" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 08:19:12 -0400, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

Sliced as you describe the cauliflower will fall apart, and
cauliflower does not caramelize, over cooked it will burn.

Guess you have never tried it this way.

Cauliflower most certainly will caramelize...as I and many, many
others will attest to... It doesn't become overcooked and burned,
unless you let it go that far, but before that it certainly does
caramelize. And yes, it will fall apart if you put it into very tiny
florets. If it is sliced or in larger florets, it stays in those
pieces.

I have done this countless times, after reading about it on eGullet,
and even before then. This has been for at least 6 years now..that I
have been cooking cauliflower this way.

True.

Cheri