Posted to alt.food.wine
Dee Dovey Dee Dovey is offline

Default One Loire, one Tuscan

My notes showed that I had a 2003 Terrabianca Campaccio (bought at Costco in
2007) price $27.89.

I bought a 2008 Toscano (Costco $26.99) this weekend which I thought might
be considered close to it. Bottled by Tenuta Sette Ponti Imported by
Kobrand Corp. NY. I hope it's not a disappointment. (Sangiovese and Merlot)

I usually stay away from Kobrand, but I don't know why; or if I did know,
I've forgotten.

Dee

"DaleW" > wrote in message
Clearing fridge/freezer, I did a Marco Polo meal (Italy to China) with
sausage in fresh tomato sauce over pasta along with dry-cooked long
beans. I didn't feel like Chinese or Italian wine so opened the 2008
Michel Auge (Maisons Brulees) "Le Herdeleau" (VdT). Gamay/Pineau
d'Aunis/Pinot Noir. Fresh raspberry and cherry, a solid note of
pepper, fresh, hint of spritz. Quite enjoyable. Next night I ate at
office, but had a glass when I returned home. Fuller, rounder, a
little less lively but still quite nice, could almost pass for a quite
good Bourgogne at this point. B+

Last night was first night Betsy and I could eat alone together in a
week. She chose some of my faves that she doesn't often do- a Tuscan
rabbit recipe, grilled polenta, as well as some chard. Wine was the
2005 Terrabianca Campaccio. I'm not a big Tuscan IGT drinker, but the
Campaccio I always felt showed more Tuscan/Sangio character than most,
and is cheaper than a lot of SuperTs I like less. But this bottle kind
of represented why I don't drink Tuscan IGT- it seemed more "Cab from
anywhere." Blackcurrant, a little black cherry, lots of vanillin oak.
Slightly astringent tannins, low to moderate acidity. Not exciting. C+/
B-
Food rocked, though.