Old 31-12-2003, 12:22 AM
June Hughes

Default Yeast for breadmaker

In message , Steph Peters
writes

Go on the hunt for big packs of Fermipan yeast. Eighth Day in Manchester, a
local wholefood shop, sells them, 500g for about 2. Bought a pack in
March, gave half to a friend, and I'm still using the other half from the
freezer. Initially I used 1/2 tsp for 400g of white flour, 1 tsp for
granary or wholemeal; as the yeast is now rather elderly I've upped that by
50%.

I haven't seen that. Shall have a search for it.

PS Wasn't it lovely when you could walk down to the baker's and ask for
fresh yeast? You could freeze it for ages and it still came up trumps.
Pity. That is what the supermarkets have done for us (sadly, - even
Waitrose).
--
June Hughes