Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2010-09-29) NS-RFC: Would the Health Department shut down your kitchen (redux)

>>> IMHO this inspector was over the top with this poor woman.
>>>
>>> Tell me if you agree.
>>>
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/di...inspector.html

Given that the purpose of the inspection was to see if it met restaurant
standards, the inspector was very fair. The author did not meet the
requirements, plain and simple. Nor would most of our home kitchens.

If you look at the rules, you know you need a working meat thermometer so
that is inexcusable. Looking at our kitchen, we'd have done better, but
would not be perfect. We don't use dish towels (paper instead) but the
sponge would have been points, same for hand washing.