Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] is offline

Default (2010-09-29) NS-RFC: Would the Health Department shut down your kitchen (redux)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:48:44 -0400, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

>I'm not really sure if I would pass.

<snip>

A few years ago, the LA Times (IIRC) had an online test you could take
to grade your home kitchen that was "hosted" by the LA County Dept. of
Health Sciences and Environmental Health. For obvious reasons, it
wasn't nearly as stringent as the rules it applies to restaurants, but
it was fairly comprehensive in a general sort of way. I proudly
display my "A" rating. I tried not to fudge any data (thereby being
even *more* food related), but will admit to erring on my side if
there was data on the fence (and I can't seem to mix metaphors any
better than that). It was fun, and it's fun to have an official
looking "A" stuck to my refrigerator.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"